Environmental management program
NOAH is certified according to the ISO 14001 standard. This involves a continual process to reduce the impact of activities on the island on the surrounding environment.
The company has set up a systematic practice for monitoring and improving the processes, and thereby reducing environmental impact. We set ourselves and our customers environmental requirements; a minimum requirement is that all laws and regulations are complied with.
Our activities that concern the external environment are based on our environment policy: We must run our business according to existing laws, regulations and self-imposed environmental requirements so that we impact the environment the least possible. The company has therefore set up a quality system and an environment control programme that documents how we comply with the requirements in the ISO 14001 standard.
NOAH’s environmental impact is the result of activities in the value chain, which consist mainly of:
Sales → Waste transport → Waste treatment → Final deposit of waste
NOAH annually reviews its environmental impact through an inspection of the company’s environmental areas (areas that can affect the environment). NOAH has identified a number of environmental areas, some of which have greater impact than others. Emissions into the air and water, as well as correct treatment and deposit of waste are some of the areas that the company prioritises through extensive monitoring, to prevent negative environmental impact and to comply with requirements.
NOAH’s environmental goals are based on the company’s environmental areas. These are reviewed and revised annually.
The company’s policy for environment, quality and HSE are defined as follows by the management:
- NOAH has set up ethical guidelines for employees and suppliers. This is a description of what is expected from managers, company representatives and suppliers. Policies and management documentation is based on these principles.
- NOAH must constantly focus on preparing all links in the value chain and ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with public regulations, permits, customer requirements and self-imposed requirements.
- NOAH’s activities must be carried out without negative impact on the external environment, and the company must actively work on preventative measures within security to achieve the target of zero injuries to staff.
- NOAH must choose environment-friendly and responsible transport solutions, and also ensure that buildings and plants are run efficiently.
- NOAH must treat and dispose of waste in an environment-friendly and responsible way to ensure stable disposal, so that Langøya can be returned to a recreational location once the activity is complete.
- NOAH must work actively on development and innovation in waste treatment, and each individual employee must be encouraged towards innovation in their field.
- NOAH must maintain active communication with the immediate environment and interested parties.